Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Morning Of

October 16th, 2010 was a blur of a day.  Mike had gone to his parents' home in White Bear the night before while Kim came home with me to Eden Prairie.  We got home late and went to bed even later, having to make up the spare bed in my bedroom and checking to be sure we had all of our things ready for the next day.

Bright and early, we scurried our way up to Plymouth to meet Yooney for our 8 AM hair and make up appointments.  

It's hard to believe that my hair went from this...


...to this!


Let's not talk about how many bobby pins or hair spray was in my hair.  I was, however, very pleased with my stylist.


While we ran around the western suburbs, the guys were on the east side taking care of last minute tuxedo details.  At the same time, all of our other plans were being set in motion:  the cake was delivered to the restaurant, our flowers made it to the church, and our photographer was ready to capture it all.


Before leaving home I had put on Mike's pink button-up shirt to make changing later on easier.



From different parts of the city, the bridal party slowly arrived at St. Andrew's.  We all got there a little later than planned, but overall we were still on schedule and everything was going smoothly.


I even had time to take care of a few last-minute organizational things and penned some thank you cards.


The lovely Christy acted as my personal attendant.  Here she's checking out the program to see when in the ceremony she would be singing.


Then the last bits of hair and make up were put into place.







My fabulous maid of honor and sister laced me into my dress.


It was a time consuming task that also took a bit of muscle.











My neighbors very kindly borrowed a beautiful pair of diamond earrings and a necklace from their jewelery store, Graham Jewelers.


Kim had a fun time helping me pick out the jewelery.



 One last touch up before the first round of pictures...


 Posing with my mom and sister before the onslaught of pictures and people.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I look at these pictures I am amazed at how stunning you looked in that dress. I love the pictures of Kim tying it up and one one that shows the jewels in the front. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete